Long stay [more than 90 days]

Ukrainian citizens who wish to come to Belgium for a longer period of time, for example to work or for family reunification, should normally obtain a D visa (national long-stay visa) before traveling. As the Belgian Embassy’s counters in Kiev are closed, it is possible to apply for this visa at the Belgian Consulate General in Warsaw (Poland).

For Ukrainian citizens who have left Ukraine and are already in the Schengen area, it is possible to apply for a residence permit directly at the municipal administration of their place residence in Belgium. The conditions for granting this residence permit (studies, work, family reunion) are maintained, but if the applicant cannot present the usual official documents, the Immigration Office will look for alternatives with him/her.

Ukrainian citizens who have left Ukraine and are in a country that is not part of the Schengen area can contact the Belgian embassy or consulate responsible for that country.

Ukrainian citizens who are legally residing in Belgium for a limited period of time and no longer meet the requirements for renewal of their residence card (card A) can obtain an extension of their authorized stay (end date of stay + 90 days), with a possibility of extension up to a maximum of 180 days.