Health insurance (Single Permit)

The proof that the third-country national who applies for a residence permit for work purposes has health insurance can be given by the employer's commitment to have them join a mutual insurance company upon arrival in Belgium.

This commitment from the employer is only accepted in the context of a first application for residence.

Third-country nationals applying for the renewal of their single permit must present either a certificate of membership of a mutual insurance company or a health insurance contract with a private insurance company.