Third country nationals

A third-country national is a person who does not have the nationality of one of the Member States of the European Union nor the nationality of one of the .

Are you planning to travel to or settle in Belgium? You may need to apply for a visa. 

A visa is a sticker put into your passport by an embassy or a consulate to allow you to enter and stay for a certain period in Belgium.

The C visa (Schengen visa) is intended for stays of up to 90 days, while the D visa (national long-stay visa) is meant for longer stays.

Some nationalities are exempt from the visa requirement for a short stay. However, all nationalities are subject to a visa requirement for a long stay in Belgium.

In certain exceptional circumstances, the application for residence can be submitted in Belgium.

You will find all the helpful information on this site to help you realize your travel or settlement project in Belgium.


See more